05 January, 2010
10 honest things about me that you may find interesting.
This post is my first English post, god knows I am so afraid to write a post in English. Because I DID NOT DO IT BEFORE. Actually, I don't think my English is good enough to write a blog post, but my teacher Nino encouraged me to create my own English blog, and tagged me with the "10 honest things", therefore, I decided to try to write it in English. I still don't have much confidence that I can write it well, but I'll try my best. I hope you all could understand my post. :-P
First time I saw this topic, I didn't know what to write. After reading Nino's, Shingo T's and Toothfairy's posts, and after I asked my English teacher for his advice, I decided to confess the following 10 honest things about me:
1. I was a chubby girl before. In Chinese tradition, elders always think it's good for children to eat all kinds of food, despite the amount. I wasn't a choosy girl, I liked to eat all kinds of food. Glad I have an absorbable body, so it was easy for me to absorb the nutrition of the food I ate, including the calories. I gained 10 kg a year from my 3rd grade. When I graduated from 6th grade, I was the fattest girl in my class and I had 63kg at that time. When I went to junior and senior high school, things got worse. I increased my weight to the highest weight in my life to 75 kg. I'm only 163 cm, but I was 75 kg at that time, my weight caused a hard time for me, because I was teased and taunted all the time.
2. In relation to the above, since I was 17 years old, I finally realized that my weight would become a serious problem to have good relationship, so I started to work out and slowly lost my weight. I've already lost over 20 kg with dieting and exercising, and now I try my best to keep fit.
3. I am not good in mathematic, science and physics. However, I majored in computer science in my college. I should admit it was hard for me to fight with codes, statistic and calculus. Moreover, I almost couldn't get my diploma and may have to repeat the 4th year. Nevertheless, after I graduated, I worked for some famous company as an IT engineer, and now I'm still an engineer. However, I still can't program at all.
4. Seems I am good at managing relationships. I still have connections with my ex colleagues, although I have changed my jobs four times. I've known my ex colleagues of first company for 10 years already. Moreover, I had two long-term relationships, too. I and my first ex's relationship lasted nearly 4 years; with my previous ex the relationship lasted nearly 9 years.
5. In relation to the above, I go to GYM for nearly 9 years already, at least twice a week. Exercise already became a vital part of my life.
6. I like soft toys. I have many soft dolls like hello kitties, bears, pigs, dogs... Although I am not a young girl anymore (a 30 something woman), I still like soft toys. They make me feel comfortable and relaxed.
7. We have a cute longhair dachshund. His name is Chestnut; Chinese pronunciation is "Li Zi (栗子)". He is a lively dog, has stable temper, and likes to be close to people. However, he fears to be close to other dogs, even if the size of the dog is smaller than his size. I guess Li Zi may think he is a human not a dog.
8. Some people say I look like a Taiwanese aborigine, others say I look like a bit like Thai or Philippine. Some people say I look like Jolin Tsai or Cindy Wang (even my mother told me that) and some people say I look like one of their friends. Well, however I look like or, that's who I am.
9. I once got the highest score in English during my junior high school time and I was also a tutor for geography, history, Chinese and English in my class. I relied on these subjects to raise my test sum scores. Because my math was so bad, one of my worst math scores was 18 and the second worst was 36 (I even thought there was some progress, because my scores doubled!!).
10. I seldom have good female friends, but I have some good male friends. Sometimes I feel it's a bit hard to get along with girls, but much easier to get along with guys. In addition, my mom usually says my character is like a man and I also have a dark skin and she says my brother's character is like her, and he has a fair skin. Therefore, I guess my parents must make a mistake, the sex of my brother and mine got mixed up: I should be male, and my brother should be female.
Pheww... I finished. Hope you can understand my first post in English, it was really hard for me. I don't want to tag anyone, but I think I will write it again in Chinese and post at my Chinese blog. :-P